About the Show
I’m so excited to “meet” you on WPCoffeeTalk!
The interview will be very conversational. There are never any “gotcha” questions. As a matter of fact, you get to decide what you answer to any question, and I’ll never pursue anything that makes either of us uncomfortable. This is two people having a chat over coffee.
The questions I use are listed below. You’re welcome to use brand names, mention your company, etc. I do have a sponsorship page (and at least one sponsor so far!), but that doesn’t preclude you from talking about anything.
(If you need to reschedule for any reason, you can do that here: https://calendly.com/wpcoffeetalk/podcast)
My goal is to make you comfortable and help you tell your WordPress story.
Here are a few reminders:
- We will meet for about an hour, and record for about 45 minutes (give or take).
- Please don’t sign into Zoom before your slotted time as I often schedule back-to-back interviews and you don’t want to interrupt someone else’s interview.
- I have some questions to get us started (see below), but this should be a relaxed conversation between friends, so have fun with it!
- We will be recording both audio and video, so make sure you have your favorite mug filled with your favorite beverage so everyone can see it.
- If you have an external microphone those sound best, but if you don’t it will still be great.
- Once your episode is posted, help me get the word out through your social media, too. I’ll be promoting you, so feel free to tweet and retweet!
General questions for our chat:
- Tell us about yourself and what you do.
- Tell us about your mug.
- What’s in your mug today?
- How did you get started with WordPress?
- What is something that you think people skip or don’t focus enough on when building sites that would make them better? (i.e. SEO, accessibility, etc.)
- What is something you wish you had known when you started in WordPress? (For example, for me, it was pricing/value of my work.)
- What are some of your favorite WordCamp or Meetup talks/experiences? Maybe something that was a pivotal or inspiring moment for you? (As a speaker or an audience member)
(Then we will talk about what you do in your job and in the WordPress Community.)
Some “rapid-fire” questions at the end:
- What are 2-3 must-have plugins you recommend to someone building their own website?
- Did you have a mentor when you started with WordPress or at any point on your WordPress journey, and who was it?
- Who is someone you admire in the WordPress community and why?
- What’s something you want to learn in WordPress that you haven’t tackled yet?
- What is one of the biggest WordPress mistakes you’ve made, and what did you learn from it?
- What is your proudest WordPress moment?
- If you weren’t working in web/web tech (or current career), what is another career you might like to attempt?
- What is something on your bucket list?
- Show us (or tell us about) one of your hidden talents that the WordPress community might not know about.
- How can we find you online and on social?
Let me know if you have any questions – see you soon!